Thursday, 26 July 2012

Sunsets

This weeks Head banger theme is Tom's: Sunrise or Sunset.  
Here is my interpretation of Sunset, and why did I choose Sunset?  Well the only time I get up early enough for a Sunrise is for work and I don't normally take my camera with me.   So hence my theme is Sunset!   Note to self: get up earlier to catch the worm!  LOL   
On a number of occasions when I have found it difficult to sleep, I have got up and taken a stroll around the garden.  I must say the quietness of the early morning (I'm taking about 3am'ish here) is amazing this time of year.  It is so quiet and the birds are slowly awakening.  I woke up one day this week, both Christopher and myself have been off work on annual leave and guess what, I couldn’t sleep.  So after tossing and turning I decided to get up.  I made myself a nice cuppa and took a stroll around the back garden in my PJ's.  Oscar one of our little cats was awake also, so after feeding him he decided to follow me around the garden. 
Oscar did his usual brushing himself against my leg, just to let me know he was there to protect me!   Bless him!  
The morning was slowly starting to break.  The air still, with just a few ruffles of breeze, which was nice.  I had forgotten how lovely it was in the early hours of the morning.  Very serene!  I made myself a promise that at least a few days of the week I would get up earlier with the intentions of taking a stroll before work and enjoying the quietness of the day.
Well that is my plan of action, to start getting up earlier and taking a morning stroll.  Enjoying the peace and calmness of the lovely summer mornings and also a chance to see what snap shots I can catch.  I'll let you know how I get on!  :-) 





2 comments:

  1. Gail: Enjoyed your post and your neat sunrise. I really do enjoy the early morning light and color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't rememebr the last time that I had to get up really early. Maybe when we had to catch our flight home from Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting and leaving a message.
Best wishes Boopster xx